1200 60th Street Southeast, Kentwood, MI
Explore & Grow Preschool Lead Teacher
Responsible to: Program Director
Working Relationships: Explore & Grow Team
Scope of Position: The Lead Teacher plans and implements developmentally appropriate activities for the children in their classroom on a weekly basis. He or she is also responsible for maintaining a safe, nurturing and educational environment, while working cooperatively with parents and staff.
Time Commitment: Full Time
- Oversee the planning and implementation of appropriate activities for the children each week in science, math, art, language, music, religion, motor development and multi-cultural projects.*
- Incorporate worship, Bible stories, and scripture into the classroom**
- Prepare and submit weekly lesson plans for review to the Director prior to posting**
- Create a safe, nurturing and positive learning environment**
- Maintain discipline in the classroom while treating the children with kindness, dignity and respect (abiding by the Licensing Rules for Childcare Centers)**
- Set clear, fair and consistent limits for the children as outlined in the Parent Handbook**
- Help the children with conflict resolution strategies through modeling skills and problem-solving skills**
- Maintain appearance, décor and safe learning environment for the classroom**
- Be responsible for student assessments, observations and conduct parent-teacher conferences**
- Greet and engage in positive interactions with parents, children and other guests**
- Attend staff meetings, parent functions, and outreach events as requested by the Director**
- Take attendance daily, including meal sheets, or delegate this to the Classroom Assistant**
- Eat meals together and interact with the children**
- Administer medication as needed**
- Submit weekly email blast newsletter information**
- Supervise the class on the playground, in the gym, at specials and on field trips.**
- Ensure that all state regulations are followed pertaining to the children and the classroom.**
- Purchase small teaching supplies for the classroom and submit receipts**
- Meet with the classroom assistants for evaluations, goal setting, team planning and delegation of duties.**
- Meet with the Director regularly for evaluation and goal setting.**
- Attend required annual training and CPR.*
- Must have a love and willingness to serve children and their families.
- Work with team to ensure a well-rounded program that both Reach-Out to lost children and Raise-Up children to be fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Must be 18 .
- Minimum educational requirement for the Lead Teacher Position set forth by the State of Michigan Department of Childcare Licensing.
- Previous Child Care Experience
- CPR training, Blood Borne Training Annually
- State required training and professional development
- Participate in KCC’s new Real Life Discipleship Journey.
NOTE:This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit Kentwood Community Church from assigning other work as needed.