1200 60th Street Southeast, Kentwood, MI
kentwood community church | kentwood campus
Assistant Infant Caregiver | Explore & Grow Christian Learning Center
Responsible to: Explore & Grow Director
Working Relationships: Lead Caregiver
Scope of Position: The primary function of the Caregiver is to help the Lead Caregiver in the supervision and activities of the infants in the classroom when the permanent lead is out of the center.
Time Commitment: Full-Time
- Assist the Lead Caregiver in supervision and activities of the children in the classroom. (Must always know the number of infants in the class each day.)
- Help the Lead Caregiver to prepare materials and observe individual infants. The Assistant Caregiver’s duties each day will be at the discretion of the Lead Caregiver.
- Interact with infants in an area different than Lead Caregiver to help guide and interact in their play in all areas of the center (classroom, gym, playground).
- Assist in creating a safe, nurturing and positive learning environment
- Follow all Safe Sleep Guidelines
- Help set up and clean up for various activities and handle final cleanup at the end of the day
- Assist with feedings and cleaning up afterwards
- Responsible for assisting in playground supervision
- Keep room neat, clean and safe (following all sanitization rules)
- Responsible for diapering and changing of infants clothes when necessary
- Maintain clear records (including accurate electronic daily sheets for each infant)
- Work cooperatively with staff and parents. Greet and engage in positive interactions with parents, children and other guests.
- Abide by procedures set forth in the Explore & Grow Handbook, KCC Staff Handbook, the Licensing Handbook and the Center Procedure Manual. Advise teacher when supplies need replacing or when toys or equipment need repairs
- Obtain 24 professional development hours annually, including First Aid/CPR, Safe Sleep, Blood Borne Pathogens, Cultural Competency, and other required age appropriate training.
- All other duties as assigned by Lead Caregiver and/or the Director.
Basic Personal Responsibilities:
- Confesses to be a born again Christian and seeks the will of God for his/her life.
- Maintain a vital and growing walk with the Lord through committed personal Bible study, prayer and stewardship of the resources given to them by God. ·
- Committed to personal evangelism opportunities within and outside of the Church.
- Demonstrates a servant’s heart as a member of the KCC team.
- Submits willingly and understands the importance of an accountability relationship.
- Maintains proper priorities and balance in his/her life.
- Actively worshiping with his/her family is an expectation.
- Must be 18 years of age and have a cooperative attitude. This person must also be willing to work as a team with another individual and be able to prioritize tasks. One year work experience with young children is preferred, but not necessary. Models the KCC and Explore & Grow Mission, Vision, Core Values, Core Beliefs and Outreach Vision.
- Promotes positive Biblical Communication.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal, and written.
- Has the ability to work together to achieve unity with respect, honesty, tolerance, patience, trust and friendship.
- Be able to lift up to 30lbs and get up/down from the floor.
- A passion and love for Children and bringing them to faith in Jesus Christ.
Please submit your résumé:
Kentwood Community Church
Attn: Explore & Grow – E&G Assistant Teacher
1200 60th Street, SE Kentwood, MI 49508