1200 60th Street Southeast, Kentwood, MI
Position Title |
Explore& Grow Music Teacher
Responsible to: Explore & Grow Director
Working Relationships: Explore & Grow Staff
Scope of Position: The Music Teacher works with theExplore & Grow children in the classroom to share the basic principles ofmusic through games, instruments, songs, instructional materials andresources. The music program promotesself-expression, social growth as well as a love for music.
Time Commitment: Part-Time, 5 hours/week
· Oversees the planning and implementing of appropriate musiclessons for the various toddler and preschool classrooms
· Prepare and submit weekly lesson plans for review to the Director
· Maintain discipline in the classroom while treating the childrenwith kindness, dignity and respect.
· Set up and clean-up for various activities
· Work cooperatively with parents and staff, greet and engage in apositive interactions with parents, children and other guests
· Advise Director when supplies need replacing or when equipmentneeds repairs
· Attend staff meetings, parent functions, and outreach events asrequested by the Director
· Meet with the Director for evaluation and goal setting
· Attend required annual trainings mandated by the Licensing Rulesfor Child Care Centers and complete annual CPR/First Aid Training
· Prepare and lead annual Christmas program with a Christ focus andspring concert (including graduation)
· Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director
· Must have a love and willingness to servechildren and their families.
· Work with team to ensure a well-roundedprogram that both Reach-Out to lost children and Raise-Up children to be fullydevoted followers of Christ.
· Must be 18 .
· Minimum educational requirement for the LeadTeacher Position set forth by the State of Michigan Department of ChildcareLicensing.
· Must possess strong vocal skills or playing aninstrument is a plus (musical background)
· Must be able to work independently
· CPR training, Blood Borne Training Annually
· State required training and professionaldevelopment
· Participate in KCC’s new Real LifeDiscipleship Journey.
NOTE: This documentdescribes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limitKentwood Community Church from assigning other work as needed.