Kentwood, MI 49508
Salary: $9.00 to $11.00 /hour
kentwood community church | kentwood campus
Assistant Teacher | Explore & Grow Christian Learning Center
Responsible to: Explore & Grow Director
Working Relationships: Lead Teacher
Scope of Position: The primary function of the Assistant Teacher is to help the Lead Teacher in the supervision and activities of the children in the classroom when the permanent lead, Assistant or floater is out of the center.
Time Commitment: Part-Time
- Assist the Lead Teacher in supervision and activities of the children in the classroom. (Must always know the number of children in the class each day.)
- Help the Lead Teacher to prepare materials and observe individual children. The Substitute Assistant Teacher’s duties each day will be at the discretion of the Lead Teacher.
- Interact with children in an area different than Lead Teacher to help guide and interact in their play in all areas of the center (classroom, gym, playground, field trips).
- Assist in creating a safe, nurturing and positive learning environment
- Help set up and clean up for various activities and handle final cleanup at the end of the day
- Assist with and eat meals and snacks with the children and assist in cleaning up afterwards
- Responsible for assisting in playground supervision
- Keep room neat, clean and safe. (Teach children to put away toys, etc. before getting new ones out.)
- Assist in nap room as required by Lead Teacher
- Work cooperatively with staff and parents. Greet and engage in positive interactions with parents, children and other guests.
- Abide by procedures set forth in the Explore & grow Handbook, KCC Staff Handbook, the Licensing Handbook and the Center Procedure Manual. Advise teacher when supplies need replacing or when toys or equipment need repairs
- All other duties as assigned by Lead Teacher and/or the Director.
Basic Personal Responsibilities:
- Confesses to be a born again Christian and seeks the will of God for his/her life.
- Maintain a vital and growing walk with the Lord through committed personal Bible study, prayer and stewardship of the resources given to them by God. ·
- Committed to personal evangelism opportunities within and outside of the Church.
- Demonstrates a servant’s heart as a member of the KCC team.
- Submits willingly and understands the importance of an accountability relationship.
- Maintains proper priorities and balance in his/her life.
Actively worshipping with his/her family is an expectation.
- Must be 18 years of age and have a cooperative attitude. This person must also be willing to work as a team with another individual and be able to prioritize tasks. One year work experience with young children is preferred, but not necessary. Models the KCC and Explore & Grow Mission, Vision, Core Values, Core Beliefs and Outreach Vision.
- Promotes positive Biblical Communication.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal, and written.
- Has the ability to work together to achieve unity with respect, honesty, tolerance, patience, trust and friendship.
- A passion and love for Children and bringing them to faith in Jesus Christ.
Please submit your résumé by email or mail:
Kentwood Community Church
Attn: Explore & Grow – E&G Assistant Teacher
1200 60th Street, SE Kentwood, MI 49508