1200 60th Street Southeast, Kentwood, MI
*Position Title |
*Explore & Grow Substitute Teacher
Responsible to: Explore & Grow Director
Working Relationships: Explore & Grow Staff
Scope of Position: The Substitute Teacher helps with the oversight of the classroom in the absence of a Teacher. They will be responsible to supervise and discipline the children in the classroom when the Permanent Lead, Assistant, or Float is away from the center.
Time Commitment: Part Time
- Supervise and discipline the children in the classroom
- Supervise and interact with children during their play in the classroom, gym, playground and fieldtrips
- Help to prepare materials and observe individual children
- Assist with getting the children to and from the room during transitions
- Interact with children to help guide and interact in their play in all developmental areas
- Assist with and eat meals/snacks with the children and assist in cleaning up afterwards
- Responsible for playground and gym supervision
- Keep room neat, clean and safe
- Participate in specials (Music, Cultural, Bible, Spanish) with the children
- Advise Director when supplies need replacing or when toys or equipment need repair
- Work cooperatively with staff and parents
- Greet and engage in positive interactions with parents, children and other guests
- Attend staff meetings, parent functions, and outreach events as requested by the Director
- Meet with the Director for evaluation and goal setting
- Attend required annual trainings mandated by the Licensing Rules for Child Care Centers and complete annual CPR/First Aid Training
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director
- Must have a love and willingness to serve children and their families.
- Work with team to ensure a well-rounded program that both Reach-Out to lost children and Raise-Up children to be fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Must be 18 .
- Minimum educational requirement for the Assistant Teacher Position set forth by the State of Michigan Department of Childcare Licensing.
- Previous Child Care Experience
- CPR training, Blood Borne Training Annually
- State required training and professional development
- Participate in KCC’s new Real Life Discipleship Journey.
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit Kentwood Community Church from assigning other work as needed.