1200 60th Street Southeast, Kentwood, MI
*Position Title | Explore & Grow Toddler Caregiver
Responsible to: Explore & Grow Director
Working Relationships: Explore & Grow Team
Scope of Position: The primary function of the Caregiver is to help the Lead Caregiver in the supervision and activities of the toddlers in the classroom.
Time Commitment: Full time
- Assist the Lead Caregiver in supervision and activities of the children in the classroom. (Must always know the number of toddlers in the class at all times.)
- Help the Lead Caregiver to prepare materials and observe individual toddlers. The Assistant Caregivers duties each day will at the discretion of the Lead Caregiver.
- Interact with Toddlers in an area different than the Lead Caregiver to help guide and interact in their play in all areas of the center (classroom, gym, and playground).
- Assist in creating a safe, nurturing and positive learning environment
- Follow all Safe Sleep Guidelines
- Help set up and clean up for various activities and handle final cleanup at the end of the day
- Assist with feedings and cleaning up afterwards
- Responsible for assisting in playground supervision
- Keep room neat, clean and safe (following all sanitization rules)
- Responsible for diapering and changing of toddlers clothes when necessary
- Maintain clear records (including accurate electronic daily sheets for each toddler)
- Work cooperatively with staff and parents. Greet and engage in positive interactions with parents, children and other guests.
- Abide by procedure set forth in the Explore & Grow handbook, KCC Staff Handbook, the Licensing Handbook and The Center Procedure Manual. Advise teacher when supplies need replacing or when toys or equipment need repairs.
- Obtain 24 professional development hours annually, including First Aid/CPR, Safe Sleep, Blood Borne Pathogens, Cultural Competency and other required age appropriate training.
- All other duties assigned by Lead Caregiver and/or the Director.
- Must have a love and willingness to serve children and their families.
- Work with team to ensure a well-rounded program that both Reach-Out to lost children and Raise-Up children to be fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Must be 18 .
- Minimum educational requirement for the Assistant Teacher Position set forth by the State of Michigan Department of Childcare Licensing.
- Previous Child Care Experience
- CPR training, Blood Borne Training Annually
- State required training and professional development
- Participate in KCC’s new Real Life Discipleship Journey.
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit Kentwood Community Church from assigning other work as needed.